There are dozens of anti-hair loss products on the market today. With few exceptions, they are all from minimum to zero efficacy, despite their high cost. The only treatments which someone can take are those that have been clinically tested and approved for hair loss treatment.
The only treatments approved for treating AGA are Finasteride, Minoxidil and Ketoconazole Shampoo. Only these medications have been found to have real results in the battle against Androgenetic Alopecia. All three of these pharmaceutical molecules are supported by a multitude and massive studies demonstrating their safety and efficacy.
How do pharmaceutical molecules work?
- Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) inhibitors – These substances reduce DHT levels by inhibiting its formation and protecting hair follicles from its harmful effects. The only approved DHT inhibitor against AGA is Finasteride. Finasteride blocks the cause of Hair Loss and is a key component in treating it.
- Growth Factors – This category includes products containing Minoxidil. Growth factors stimulate the development of new hair and have no effect on the DHT hormone. The combination of Finasteride and Minoxidil, has a harmonious effect, preventing the cause and stimulating growth at the same time.
- Anti-inflammatory – Anti-inflammatory helps reduce inflammation, itching, redness and exfoliation. The most effective anti-inflammatory is Ketoconazole Shampoo. The use of Ketoconazole shampoo effectively addresses both hormonal and inflammatory causes of hair loss and helps the efficacy of any other treatment you choose and has been found to inhibit AA.
Can Androgenetic Alopecia be Treated?
Let’s start with the truth that you need to know and remember. There is no cure for hair loss!
Every substance used against hair loss is a treatment, which means as long as someone uses it, it has results. So do not think you’ll take something for some months and you’ll be cured. Every clinically proven treatment against hair loss, without exception, has results for as long as it is applied.
- Do not stop any hair loss treatment because someone told you that “your skin should rest”. The skin is not tired of the approved treatments.
- Whichever medication you are using you will only stop if you have side effects or you have decided that you do not care about your hair.
- Do not stop and start treatments because the results will be zero or even negative. If some treatment gives you satisfactory results, you will continue it daily. If the treatment is discontinued, the results will be reversed over a short time period. Every clinically approved treatment against hair loss, without exception, has results for as long as you use it, not after you stop it!
- Stay dedicated to your treatment. Also, remember that increased hair loss at the beginning of treatment is a positive sign and it means that your hair follicles respond positively! Do not stop the treatment, keep going! The new hairs will be thicker, more durable and more colorful.
- Hair grows up to 1.2cm per month. Some treatments help to regain hair, but do not expect to see results for at least 6 months.
Some respond well, and others seem to be so impressed in the first place. The time it takes to see the effects of the treatment depends on the condition of the person, but generally because all hair loss medications do not immediately produce results, everyone needs to be patient. However, in all cases, people should continue to use the treatment for at least 6 months in order to evaluate the results.
Be patient in Anastassakis Hair Clinic we will help you regain healthy hair!
Prevention of Hair Loss
Hair loss prevention is possible if you follow certain rules. Even MM should continue to care for their hair so that hair loss does not continue. Sure, if you do not treat androgenetic alopecia (AA) in some way, you will continue to lose hair. It’s false when many people think that they can lose their hair until a certain age and then hair loss stops. Just watch photos of actors and see that those who had hair loss early in their youth ended up with little hair over the years.
Apart from AA, there are other causes of hair loss that someone can avoid with minor changes in their daily lives:
- Pulling hair back too tight frequently, can cause hair loss but also thinning of the hair follicle.
- Hair extensions can also cause hair breakage and root thinning.
- Very frequent hair dyeing and frequent hair blow-drying with a hair dryer or “straightening” of the hair with various devices can cause permanent damage to the roots and skin of the scalp.
- Some diseases may be associated with hair loss, such as anemia, iron deficiency but also hair follicle diseases. Especially if you see your hair leaving certain points only, in a round shape, you have to talk to a dermatologist.
- Also, a severe illness with a high fever for days, as well as an intense psychological shock, can cause severe hair loss, but your hair will come back.
- Some medicines, such as contraceptives, anti-hypertensives and some neurological drugs increase hair loss. If you are taking such a medicine chronically, talk to your doctor.
How to prevent hair loss
You should be aware that hair dilution cannot be seen by the human eye before at least 50% of the hair mass is lost in an area. So you understand the importance of early diagnosis and treatment of hair loss.
First, you have to find an experienced dermatologist who will give you a valid diagnosis of the cause of hair loss. The dermatologist is the “general” who develops a personalized and realistic trichogenetic treatment plan. All those who follow a well-designed strategy to treat AGA, save their hair and delay the hair dilution for many years.
Treatment of hair loss with medication
There are 2 approved medicines for treating AGA, Minoxidil and Finasteride.
Minoxidil is out in the market in liquid form (5%), in foam (5%) and has been proven in dozens of studies in thousands of patients worldwide to effectively inhibit hair loss in 60% of younger patients and grow hair out of half of them.
Finasteride is in the market in pill form has an anti-androgenic effect and is even more effective as 9 out of 10 men will see hair loss inhibition and 6 of them will see hair growth. These drugs are extremely safe, as has been proven for about 30 years.
There are cosmetic treatments but these treatments are clearly inferior to medications and just waste your time. Shampoos, herbs, conditioners, masks, etc., do not work so don’t even bother to buy them. You will lose time, money, and most of all you will be disappointed. If you are doing something, do it right and do not listen to friends, specialists, hairdressers, pharmacists and salesmen. Talk to your doctor.
The most effective way to treat hair loss
Hair transplantation is the ultimate weapon for treating AA. It is a method that has now reached a very high level for its technique of development and in the right hands the results are impressive, absolutely natural and permanent. The hair follicles are transplanted from the donor site of your hair to the areas that have dilution, and grow there without ever falling again, because gene programming of these genes is suitable in order not to be affected by the hormones.
Hair Transplantation requires technical perfection from the doctor, a high artistic perception about the pattern and placement of the transplants, and an experienced team of people who will operate the surgery, this can actually change the patient’s appearance.
At Anastassakis Hair Clinic we will give you the solution that suits your needs.