Chief Medical Director
Head & Neck Surgeon, MD, PhD.
Diplomate (experience route) & elected member of the Board of Directors of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS).
Fellow Member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS).
Konstantinos Anastassakis M.D. Ph.D, is board-certified by the Athens Medical Association & the Hellenic Society of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.
After graduating with “’Magna cum laude” from the Medical School of Semmelweis University of Budapest, he fulfilled his mandatory service for 22 months in Volos, Central Greece. He continued his studies as a resident in General Surgery in General Hospital Of Patision, Athens, in 2001 for 1 year and soon after, he joined the Hellenic Air Force and served as a first lieutenant for 19 months, till the end of 2004. One year later he started his residency in ENT Surgery, Head & Neck Surgery residency at University of Athens General Hospital “G. Genimatas” for 4 years. This was followed by an honorary fellowship in ENT Surgery at Universitätsklinik für Hals-Nasen-Ohrenheilkunde, Kopf- und Halschirurgie through 2008-2009. He earned his Ph.D. from the Democritus University Of Thrace, Greece, in 2010, on which he has been working for more than 3 years already.
In 2004, Dr. Anastassakis began his career with Medical Hair Restoration in his Athens office, upon completion of the extensive Hair Transplantation training he received, amongst some of the best clinics and surgeons worldwide.
Since that time, Dr. Anastassakis has built his practice in Athens into one of the best in the industry, if not the best! The consistent, excellent results that Dr. Anastassakis and his dedicated staff produce are widely recognized in the Hair Transplant field. “Vast experience, continuous education and a dedication to artistry are the hallmarks of Anastassakis Hair Clinic. In fact, creating natural and dense hair results is our primary concern and aim for every single of our patients”.
Dr. Anastassakis is among the few handful physicians of hair restoration in the world who are awarded the “Experience Route” accreditation as a Diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery. He also currently sits as a member of the oral examination board of that organization.
He is a member of the ISHRS and he has been participating continually to the annual world meetings of the International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery since 2009 as a lecturer and moderator. Dr. Konstantinos Anastassakis was elected member of the Board of Directors of ABHRS, by ABHRS members, from January 1st, 2018 and with a three-year term of office. This post – in the highest hierarchical body of ABHRS – is given for the first time to a Greek physician. On November 13, 2019, during its meeting in Bangkok Thailand, the ISHRS Board of Governors unanimously approved Dr. Anastassakis’ application as a Fellow of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (FISHRS).
Dr. Anasassakis is the first and only Greek doctor certified in Hair Transplantation holding a position as a chairman in an ISHRS’s conference so far.
In November 2019, Anastasakis Hair Clinic was awarded as the Leading Hair Transplantation Clinic in Greece at the SALUS INDEX AWARDS 2019, the annual meeting of all health care companies, where only the best are awarded.
On December 17, 2019, Dr. Konstantinos Anastassakis was elected Treasurer of the Board of Directors of ABHRS, by ABHRS members.
Participation in conferences
- Participated at the annual meeting of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery 2019 as an elected member of the Board of Directors
- Keynote speaker at the 27th World Congress of ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons), Bankgog, November 13-16, 2019.
- Speaker in the open meeting for the “Fight the FIGHT” Public Awareness campain at the 27th World Congress of ISHRS
- Keynote speaker at the Advanced/Board Review Course of ABHRS held in Bankgog, November 13-16, 2019.
- Member of the Scientific Planning Committee of the World Live Surgery Workshop of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) held in Bangkok on November 13-17, 2019, during the 27th World Congress of ISHRS
- Elected for the 4th consecutive year with a one year term as an oral examiner in the very demanding examinations carried out by the ABHRS Body for the certification of new members-doctors